Friday, September 5, 2008

The history behind Google Chrome (video)

Right now I'm writing this from Google Chrome, Google's new web browser. It's built on top of The WebKit Open Source Project, the same as Apple Safari web browser.

They built it from scratch and is thought to be a web brorswer that can keep the fast pace of evolution of the Internet. The javascript engine is really fast and also the rendering of pages I feel that is very fast.

Check this explanation video from the Google team who developed it:



If you'd like to watch it with Spanish subtitles, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15qUN0Mzh3A.

And Safari?

I'll surely keep an eye on this Google project, but I really really like the minimalistic style of Apple Safari browser and I haven't found a more beautiful rendering of pages.

Below is a comparison of the rendering of the New York Times website.



No comments: